Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Almost the End!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I have not blogged lately, I have just been so busy with school.  We are almost in the middle of the 2nd to last week of classes in this semester.  You know what comes after classes, right? FINALS.  In my case, I'm pretty lucky on the exam aspect because I only have 3 exams.  However, this means that I have to write final papers. Those are not so fun.  Luckily, in most of my classes we've been working on them throughout the semester and gathering information so writing them shouldn't be too hard.  The hard part  is actually taking the time to sit down and write.  Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am easily distracted and can't sit doing one thing for too long.  I definitely need to create a writing plan for myself so that I can work on paper #1 for x-amount of time, paper #2 for x-amount of time, and so forth.  If there's one thing I've learned here at college it's to manage your time wisely.  Time does not wait for you to catch up and you can never get time back, therefore if you love sleep and free time like I do, you need to plan ahead.  My best friend this semester has been my planner.  I write everything in it.  Meetings, work, extra-curricular activities, Skype dates, reminders, grocery lists, and anything else I need to remember goes in my planner.  I also color-code!  At the beginning of each month I sit down, choose a color that I like, and write in any upcoming events for the month.  This way, I know when the event is, what time it is at, where it is at, and I can plan ahead to prevent from being overwhelmed.

Speaking of planning, I need make that writing plan for myself! I'll be checking in again before finals week to give an update on everything.  Also, did I tell you I'm going to Peru????? My roommate and I will be doing service-learning in Lima, Peru!  We leave May 17th and come back June 13th.  This is just another great example of all that Notre Dame has to offer!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment