Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Enjoying Home

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a great first two weeks of 2013!  I only have about 2 weeks left until I head back to Baltimore!  This winter break has been.....eventful, if nothing else.  My oldest sister got married at the end of December, my middle sister is almost 5 months along in her pregnancy, a close family friend passed away, and my middle sister is about to move to Houston at the end of the week.  I have LOVED being home, I always do.  There's something about Texas that just completes me.  Maybe it's the familiarity of home, the wonderful food, or the weather that does it, but whatever it is, I have yet to find another place that compares.

This really has been a memorable break.  It was also the 5th Christmas with my boyfriend, Nick.  After seeing my sister get married and my other sister's new pregnant belly, I began to realize how things have changed and that nothing will ever be the same.  I now have a brother, there will be a little one in a few months, and my boyfriend will be graduating and commissioning with the United States Army.  I'm also half-way through my Junior year of college and need to begin planning my life after graduating.  Do I want to stay in Baltimore or head back to Texas?  What kind of Masters degree do I want to pursue?  There are a lot of questions in my life right now and while they're slightly terrifying, they're also extremely exciting!


I love being home but I'm also super excited to return to school!  I may not love Baltimore, but I do love Notre Dame! Although I am not looking forward to the cold weather, I am hoping for some snow!  The campus is absolutely BEAUTIFUL when blanketed with snow!  This spring semester also brings some very exciting things!  I will be taking the following classes: Basic Statistics, Intro to Philosophy, Intro to Peace & Justice, Marriage & Family, Post-Colonial Africa, and International Organizations & World Politics.  In March, I will also be going to the UN with a group of girls from Notre Dame!  I cannot tell you how excited I am for that! I'm also starting up Amnesty International and helping re-start Hispanic Society.  Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am almost always over-involved in clubs/organizations.  I am currently President of Campus Ministry, Treasurer of Class of 2014, Treasurer of Maryland Student Legislature, and am part of several other groups as well as working for Admissions as a Student Ambassador.  I LOVE being involved and I have a very hard time not being involved.  In late March, I will be going home to Texas for SB and Easter break with my two best friends: Cindy and Sam.  I don't know what I would do without those girls and I certainly wouldn't love Notre Dame as much without them! LASTLY, in May I will be going up to Vermont for my boyfriend's graduation.  It's hard to believe he's graduating from college already! We started dating when I was a junior and he was a senior in high school.  I can't wait for him to graduate and commission. I'm gonna be such a proud girlfriend! It also gets me excited for my graduation, but that's still over a year away!

I just realized I typed 3 paragraphs! WOW. I apologize for typing so much! I have a habit of talking too much! So until next time, I will leave you with a few pictures of my break thus far.  I hope you enjoy and I hope you come back to see what else I'm up to later!

Christmas with my sisters!
(From left: Chrissy, Simon, Sara, Me, and Nicholas)

Nicholas and I at a San Antonio Spurs game! (We won!)
 
Nicholas and I before he left for school :(



See you later!!!!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment